I studied information science and did computers from the old Commodore VC-20 onwards.
I started during study as pc-admin for DOS, Windows, WfW and all related software and hardware stuff.
Later I switched over to servers, starting with linux-samba and NT 3.5/4.0.
My first job made me a Solaris admin in a huge company with over 500 solaris servers. There I got every day a new interesting problem that I have never encountered before.
My next job brought me into project management and later back to system administration - mainly Linux. It was frustrating to manage a project when you knew that doing the admin`s job yourselv would have the current step finished in less than 30 minutes...
In system administration my first priority is IT-security. I try to make "my" systems as secure, as possible - but they have to be maintainable, too.
Top Network Posts
- 48What is the difference between /tmp and /var/tmp?
- 38How does tcp-keepalive work in ssh?
- 27Can I "export" functions in bash?
- 26How do you omit "./" when running scripts on current directory
- 24How to force MySQL to connect by TCP instead of a Unix socket?
- 16rsync compare directories?
- 15Why does my gigabit bond not deliver at least 150 MB/s throughput?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.